Saturday, October 19, 2013

Beautiful fall day for an auction

I'm just discovering the awesomeness of auctions. My retired father-in-law is a pro and goes to them on a regular basis. He finds the coolest stuff. Auctions are a great way to get unique items for a steal. There was an auction down the street from our house today and we brought home a couple of treasures.





 Here are some of the things that caught my eye:
People do some neat decorating with crocks. They went higher than what I wanted to pay.

The red dresser went for $15 and the maple for $27. I thought about biding, but my husband took off to golf at this point and I wasn't sure how I'd get them home. Probably for the best.

Apparently these are the original trunks from when their family migrated to America. Wouldn't these make cool coffee tables if one were to fix them up?

Some more antiques
 What I actually brought home:
This bench may not look like much (actually it's pretty gross), but I'm going to repaint the legs and reupholster it. I got it for $10. My husband has apparently been searching for the poster below for a while and found it at the auction. It will go downstairs in his man cave once we finish the basement.
Apparently he had to buy the whole lot. I went to lunch at this point of the auction, but he says he paid $50. What in the world are we going to do with so many Husker posters?! Guess that's what I get for leaving him unsupervised :)


No comments:

Post a Comment