Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween! When will decor go to 90% off? Read on.

Who doesn't love Halloween? This is my favorite time of year. Harvest, beautiful colors and decor, scary shows, crisp weather, scarves and boots, and we still have Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Christmas to look forward to!

Plus, I can dress my animals up in cheesy outfits. They don't share my enthusiasm.

A candy corn tie is all we can wrestle on Simba.
Dracula! You can't tell in the picture, but there's even a sparkly bow tie.



I also get to make my neighbors treat bags.



Hope 300 pieces is enough for our trick-or-treaters!

Most of my decorating is more fall themed and can transition into Thanksgiving. Next year I hope to step it up and have Halloween specific decor. There's a fine line between corny Halloween decorating and stylish decor. I love how Shelley from the House of Smith's blog dresses up her house for Halloween.


She made some of the items you see in the picture. Check it out here: http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2010/09/halloween-decorating-ideas.html

What do you think of the front door decorating from Between Naps on the Porch? This is one of my new favorite blogs (thanks, Natalie)!



http://betweennapsontheporch.net/halloween-decorating-and-party-ideas/

Finally, houzz always has beautiful decorating ideas for everything!



http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/741181/

I have a lot of work to do next year. I'm excited to start my Halloween shopping next week when decor is discounted big time. Have you heard of the 3-3-2 rule? Supposedly, merchandise is 50% off the first 3 days after a holiday. The next 3 days are 75% off. The next 2 days are 90% off and then after that it's gone. So for Halloween:
Nov 1st = 50% off
Nov 4th = 75% off
Nov 7th = 90% off

We'll see if it holds true this year. No guarantees! I plan to call stores and check online to find out when the 90% off hits. I'll let you know. Hope you all have a safe and happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment