Thursday, October 17, 2013

No idea what I'm doing, but I'll blog anyway...


Hi everyone,

I started posting some of my projects on Facebook and my friends were more than complimentary and encouraged me to start a blog. I have to admit I'm a bit hesitant. Are my diy projects really good enough to start my own blog? Do I crank out enough projects to keep this thing updated? I guess we'll see!

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a small town girl who loves the simple things in life - family, friends, and my pets. I'm also a complete cheapskate which is something a lot of people don't realize. At first glance you might think I spend a decent deal on my house, clothes, etc., but I never buy anything unless it's on sale. Ever. And if I do it really pains me. 50% off isn't even good enough. I wait until items are 70-90% off and I have a coupon to stack on top of it. I drive my husband nuts because I choose our restaurants and activities based on what coupons I have that week. While I could enlighten you on the world of couponing, there are so many great blogs out there that provide more inside information than I could ever dream of. My favorites are:

http://www.chicksdigdeals.com/ (She's from Lincoln and posts lots of local deals!)
http://fabulesslyfrugal.com/
http://thekrazycouponlady.com/

Be sure to follow all of them on Facebook!

Another way I like to save money is diy projects. I'll show what I'm up to each week on this blog. My husband and I bought a house a couple months ago and have been redoing everything in it. It was built in 1977 and still had all of the original 70s flair. Wait until you see the bedroom that had puke green and bright blue swirled carpet! We loved the house though because it is a good sized ranch (3,000 sq ft including basement), has an open layout, is all brick, is on a nice street, backs to the country, and is in a great school district. It was also the right price. I want to pay off this house asap so instead of sinking tons of money into renovations, we've been updating it ourselves. Will our projects look as good as a contractors'? No, of course not. But we enjoy working with our hands and coming up with creative ideas to save money. The whole point of this blog is to help wonderful people like you realize you don't have to spend an arm and a leg to have a beautiful home. Thank you for joining me on this journey!

--Jenna--



No comments:

Post a Comment