Friday, November 15, 2013

Nebraska Crossing Outlet Experience


Holy smokes there were a lot of people at the new outlet mall today! We arrived at about 1:00 p.m. It opened at 10:00 a.m. and it sounds like it was the craziest from then until about noon. They were expecting it to get really busy late afternoon again as people started getting off work. Don't get me wrong, it was still plenty busy while we were there from 1:00-4:00. Parking was a mess. We lucked out and followed a shopper who happened to be leaving. We ended up getting great parking, but we were the exception.


Parking gridlock greets shoppers at Nebraska Crossing opening

I have to admit, I was not that impressed with the sales. (Remember that I only buy items when they're majorly discounted though.) I used to travel a lot for my previous job and my territories were in the southeast U.S. I was able to hit up a lot of great outlet malls, especially in Florida. I remember getting much bigger discounts. I'm sure the stores will eventually get more clearance items and then usually they have an additional 40-50% (or sometimes more) off the clearance price. Right now, all the merchandise is new and in season so most stores had an additional 40-50% off the regular price which isn't that impressive. I'm usually shopping in the opposite season in order to get items super cheap so if you're someone who prefers to buy in season, you maybe don't mind paying a bit more.

Our first stop was Michael Kors. I love their items, but even the outlet price was plenty high. Certain items were 40% off. However, you're still paying a pretty penny when most bags are around $300.



Love these! $349 though (before discount)
Our next stop was Kate Spade. There was a big line to even get into the store. It took us 30 minutes to reach the door. Their prices were better than Michael Kors. All purses were 50% off. Some had an additional 20% off. We were also given 20% off coupons that you could use on top of everything. My cousin bought a cute sparkly purse and a cosmetic bag. Some of the small cosmetic bags were only $16 with discount and coupons so ladies had armfuls of them that they were going to give as Christmas gifts.




Coach had an even longer line than Kate Spade. We didn't bother. They were doing 50% off the entire store (I think).

Helzberg Diamonds was giving away free pearl bracelets. Of course they're not real, but hey they were free. They also had free cupcakes and punch. Most of their store was an additional 20% off.


I did buy some Corelle from Corningware Corelle & More. They had my pattern and I've been wanting to complete my set with some additional peices. With the purchase of 20, I received 50% off and then an additional 10% off. They had some nice deals on Pyrex as well. Just as good, if not better than Black Friday prices.


Sunglass Hut had an additional 40% off their clearance sunglasses. Believe it or not, the pair my cousin is wearing below is $500. $500 - I kid you not. Who would pay that for those?!


Loft had an additional 40% off (as did most stores). 



Here is the line to get into Under Armour:


Even though I wasn't impressed with their deals, I had a great time browsing. I will definitely be back, but not until I know I can score some bigger discounts.

As we were pulling out we noticed there were a lot of parking spaces west of Forever 21. That area is more hidden so maybe that's a good place to get a parking spot? Bring your patience if you plan to go this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment