Thursday, November 7, 2013

Paint storage



My grandma had this old metal locker/storage thing in her basement. I'm not really sure what to call it. It was dirty, had rust everywhere, and smelled like mothballs. But nothing a little elbow grease and paint couldn't fix.




Please ignore my messy garage. I have project after project lined up in there. It's where the magic happens! Plus, we still haven't fully unpacked from our move. I can't wait to finish the garage. We plan to complete the drywall, paint, add storage, and apply a garage floor finish.

I used an electric sander on the locker and cleaned it with TSP. My husband and I even took it out in the yard and hosed it down in order to get all the grime off of it. 

I used a grey Rust-Oleum spray paint primer on it and then red Rust-Oleum brushable paint. I applied three coats on the outside and two on the inside.


It's a perfect place to store my smaller painting supplies.


Check around and see if your relatives have one of these lying around. My uncle had an extra one that he gave my dad. Dad painted it black and it looks pretty sharp out in his shop. 

You can never have too much storage!

No comments:

Post a Comment