Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas break... projects galore!

Today is my last day at work until January 6. Hallelujah! Bring on the two weeks vacation!

So what will I be doing on my days off (besides eating and drinking too much)? You guessed it - projects. Lots and lots of projects. I've been at Lowes and Menards constantly making sure I have all of my materials.

Since I'll be so busy making messes, I won't be blogging. I'll be back on January 6 to show you my hard work. Here is what I hope to accomplish:


- headboard for our bed out of plywood, foam, fabric, and nailhead trim
- cover our box spring with fabric and add new legs.. bye bye crummy iron frame
- restore two sinks and a shower with Rustoleum's Tub & Tile Refinishing Kit
- frame a bathroom mirror with decorative wood trim
- hang a mirror above this shelf and frame it with matching barn wood
- replace faucets in two bathrooms
- replace mirror above laundry room sink
- paint beer fridge either stainless steel or red... or maybe black... who knows!
- strip and stain an oak dresser
- reupholster this piano bench... again
- build a shoe rack
- build shelves in the storage room and organize that danger zone
- build shelves in the garage and organize that even bigger disaster
- and whatever other crazy ideas pop into my head...

Phew! Think I can get it all done? Probably not, but I hope to get a good start.

Later this spring I want to have our basement finished, the garage walls painted and floor epoxied, and a new table and sectional (maybe out of pallets) built for the deck. We also have tons of landscaping to do once it warms up!

I hope you'll find some of these upcoming projects helpful.

Thank you so much for supporting me this year! I never thought about blogging until you all encouraged me. I hope you have a relaxing holiday filled with family and friends... and eggnog. I can't wait for my grandma's eggnog!

Merry Christmas from the Huttenmaiers!


P.S. I will be watching for the 90% off after Christmas sales so you might see a couple posts on that during my hiatus.

No comments:

Post a Comment