Thursday, February 27, 2014

Rub 'n Buff = fantastic product!

I used Rub 'n Buff for the first time on dresser handles. See the entire dresser flip here. I used the color Silver Leaf, but it also comes in Antique Gold, Gold Leaf, and Spanish Copper. You can find it at most craft stores for around $5.


Original brassy color
Spray painted them black then added Rub 'n Buff with my finger.
Messy, but washes off pretty easily.
I used a Q Tip to get into tight spaces.

It's as simple as rubbing it on and buffing with a cloth (if you want). I like how it gives a weathered nickel look and how the black shows through in places. Had I just spray painted them silver, the effect would not have been the same.

There are so many cool craft things that you can do with Rub 'n Buff.

Our Fifth House blog had a great tutorial on Rub 'n Buff and how to apply it to a mirror. Click here.


House of Fifty used it on a glass table to add a gold edge. Click here.


Use it on an antique frame like they did here.


Even use it in large quantities like ReNew ReDo. Click here.


Type it in on pinterest or google and I think you'll be amazed at the projects that pop up! Two thumbs up for Rub 'n Buff!

No comments:

Post a Comment