Tuesday, April 1, 2014

6 month recap and upcoming projects

This blog has been up and running for about six months and has 153 posts now. My how time flies! I still can't get over how many people read it everyday. Thank you so very much for your support.

The majority of readers are from the U.S., but surprisingly I have a ton of fans in Malaysia! I also have readers from Germany, Canada, France, the United Kingdom, Indonesia, China, Ukraine, Brazil, Pakistan, Denmark, Australia, Russia, and Belgium. Who would have thought? Certainly not me! Whether you live across town or across the world, thank you for reading my little blog.

My most popular post has been the 90% off Target Christmas writeup and my biggest claim to fame so far is that my dresser turned into a tv stand post was featured in a 4-H magazine. It might not sound all that impressive, but I was very flattered when they contacted me!

Warmer weather is right around the corner and I cannot wait to start some outdoor projects. I was hoping to get our basement finished (I know, I know - I've been saying that for months), but it will be a summer project as well. Here are our upcoming outdoor projects:


- Install a fence - we have a double lot so this should be interesting (aka time consuming)
- Build an outdoor table for our deck that seats ten (approximately 7.5'x5')
- Redo a patio set which was a curb find (we were going to build an outdoor sectional, but this might take its place)
- Paint walls and epoxy floor in garage
- Plant trees and a privacy screen
- Plant lots of flowers and find a way to keep them alive for once
- Install a flag pole and create a landscaped area around it
- Rehab our pathetic looking lawn
- Build or install a pre-made rain barrel to save water
- Add some hanging plants to our porch
- Install a new back door

Since the weather is still crummy here (where are you spring?!) we won't be able to start on these for a while. In the meantime, I'm going to do a series of posts on all of my Craigslist finds so check back tomorrow!

Also, be sure to subscribe to my RSS feed at the top right hand corner of this blog. Simply type in your email and then whenever I post something new you'll get a notification. That way you don't miss anything! Thanks again for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment