Thursday, April 3, 2014

Craigslist finds...living room

Brrr... another cold and dreary day! Here I am again in my sweater and boots that I've worn a million times this year. I just want to wear sandals and summer dresses. Is that too much to ask?!

Alright, I'll stop pouting now. Moving forward with the Craigslist series. In our living room we have two items from Craigslist - a chaise lounge and a big area rug.

We got the chaise from a lady who lives by the HiMark Country Club. We paid $100. It's actually still being sold at Slumberland. Now it's listed on clearance for $549.99. The original price was $899.99. I saved between $449.99 and $799.99.




The big white rug that you see in the pictures is also a Craigslist find. We purchased it from a couple that lived in Wilderness Ridge and the rug was in perfect shape. They said it was custom made from Carpetland and originally cost $500. We paid $50 saving us $450.


At the risk of sounding super snobby, I will admit I'm picky about the areas that I'll pursue Craigslist items in. If something is listed in the ghetto and I can tell from pictures that a person's house is a mess, I won't even consider the item. I usually jump on items if they're in a nice part of town and the home is clean and well kept. Like I said in yesterday's post, you have to sift through the junk to find the gems :)

No comments:

Post a Comment