Wednesday, July 30, 2014

DIY 'Thinking of You' / 'Feel Better' flowers

Nothing much to report today. Spent part of the evening practicing updos for an August wedding that I'm a bridesmaid in.

Really easy to do (I swear!) - Curl hair, gather just the bottom part of hair into a low ponytail, twist and bobby pin the ponytail pieces, then take the top part of your hair (recurl if necessary) and start messily pinning pieces here and there. Works best on day old hair. Use a texturizer if you have fine hair.

Here's an old post on doing my own hair for my wedding. (FYI I am not a stylist and have had no formal training. I just wing it and pretend I know what I'm doing!)

So just a filler post today. You know how I love using what I have on hand. The following two bouquets were made with backyard flowers and dropped off at friends' homes.

Made this in June. Lots of pretty lilies blooming at that time.





Add a bottle of wine and a card and you're set!
 Second bouquet...


Made this bouquet in July. Was surprised at how many flowers I was able to scrounge up.



Wrapped an old box in grocery sack paper and wrote a message (half is blurred out for privacy). The box fit four beers and a vase perfectly. This friend likes beer.

Seriously - those are all flowers that can be grown in your backyard. I had the vases and alcohol on hand so this cost me nothing. Here's another post where I decorated a bridal shower with backyard flowers and wildflowers from the ditches.

You don't have to spend an arm and a leg to show friends you care. It's the thought that counts, right? ;) Even though these two arrangements were made to cheer friends up, you can make bouquets for celebrations and happy times too!

No comments:

Post a Comment