Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Halloween mini pallet


Remember this Husker mini pallet from a couple weeks ago? Well I flipped the pallet over and decided to do a Halloween theme on the other side. That's the nice thing about these pallets is that you can get two designs onto one. Maybe I'll do a Thanksgiving/Christmas pallet next.


For instructions on how to build the pallet, click here.

Once the pallet is built, paint it the color of your choice. I used a white Rust-Oleum spray paint. Then get online and search for a black cat, pumpkin, crow, or whatever it is that you want to paint on the pallet. 

Since the pallet is about 20"x24", I needed to print my "stencil" out on two 8.5"x14" sheet of paper and tape them together. Cut the shape out.

Click here for this particular pattern.
Thinks he's helping. What a goof!
Trace around the cutout

Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch in Gloss Black

Use a good trim brush to paint in the lines


I decided to put a saying on the bottom since it looked plain. The font is Harrington.
There are probably much better ways of doing this, but I had cardstock and this blade on hand.
Arrange the saying where you want it. Cover the places you don't want to get paint on.
Rust-Oleum Spray Paint in Burnt Orange
All done. I made the mistake of trying to splatter paint spots of orange and black. It was a disaster so I had to go back and touch up some areas which you can probably see. I ran out of the same white paint so I need to buy more and go over some of the spots. I should have just left it alone. Dang!





By the way, who can't wait for Hocus Pocus to start playing on TV? Best.movie.ever. Well, at least the best Halloween movie ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment