Thursday, October 2, 2014

Aldi experience

I stopped by Aldi after work yesterday and loved it! I think this will be my new favorite grocery store! I thought their prices were really fair. It was busy so it was hard to take pictures, but I did snap a few.

I bought 2 big pumpkins, 2 boxes of cake mix, 2 tubs of frosting, black pepper, vegetable oil, sweet potato fries, and Boca burgers for under $20. Everyone seemed to be going for the pumpkins. Like I said, they were huge and only $2.69.



Pita chips for $1.99. These are usually twice as much at other stores.

They try to make their Aldi brand boxes similar to the mainstream brand. It makes the products easier to spot I suppose.

Pop tarts for $1.99

Similar to the expensive Kashi cereals

Big box of tea for $1.99

It may be hard to tell in this picture, but these are huge bottles of wine.

Great price on spices. These bottles are bigger than your typical grocery store ones and only cost $1.99!

I was surprised to see some rugs, blankets, candles, candle warmers, etc. in an aisle.

$1.49 for mushrooms. About half of what they normally cost.

These are big pizzas. Only $5.99!

Hummus for only $1.99. Again, about half of what I pay in regular stores.

There were a lot of other items where I did a double take and said "Really? That's all they're asking for that?"

They had samples throughout the store. The only thing I tried was their block cheese which was really good and was about $2. They had a jalapeno flavor and dill.

Did any of you stop by Aldi yesterday? What was your experience like? If you haven't been there yet, read my post from yesterday about their quirky practices so that you're prepared for your first visit. I highly recommend checking it out! I think I'll still go to Hy-Vee for their sale items and to use coupons, but Aldi will certainly be getting some of our business.

No comments:

Post a Comment