Monday, October 27, 2014

DIY wedding boutonnieres

My cousin is getting married in a couple weeks and I was so flattered when she asked me to do the wedding flowers. She is ordering real flowers for the centerpieces and bridal party bouquets. We made the boutonnieres out of silk flowers last week. (I did the same thing for my own wedding and saved a ton of money.)

I wish I would have taken better pictures, but here are a few:

I love the little succulents that she picked out!


Aren't those colors gorgeous? I'll post picks of the wedding in a couple weeks so you can see how they tie in with the dresses and tuxes.



My momma helping out!
These are for the hosts and flower girls.

Basically all you need to do is pick out silk focal flowers and silk filler flowers, cut them, and wrap with floral tape. You'll also want a hot glue gun to glue in pieces that don't have long enough stems to be wrapped. I usually wrap the bigger pieces and then add filler pieces with the glue.

This is a great way to save money and we had so much fun getting together last night to make these!

Check out my other posts on DIY flowers:

Flowers from Sam's Club for Wedding
Take Advantage of Free Flowers
Learn to Arrange Flowers


No comments:

Post a Comment