Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Barn door = great backdrop for wreaths



It doesn't get easier than this! I had an old barn door laying around and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what to do with it. It was just too big. Cutting it in half was the perfect solution. In all honesty, in the left picture above, the barn door is already cut in half. I forgot to take a before picture so that's why you might be able to see some faint cut lines.



My husband cut it in half with his circular saw. Make sure you avoid any nails that are already in the door. We then hammered a nail on top to hang the wreath and that's it!

Obviously I have a Christmas wreath on it now, but think how pretty a fall wreath would look against the barn wood. I plan to swap out the decorations throughout the year.

Keep an eye out for barn doors on Craigslist. Has anyone noticed them at auctions? I lucked out and got mine from an old shed that was torn down on the acreage where I grew up. I can't remember where I bought the wreath, but I'm sure it was a 90% off steal so pay attention to after Christmas sales.






Now if only I could find a place for it. I need a bigger house already! Or less stuff. Let's be real ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment